I’m going to this exciting event, brought to Wilmington by my wonderful friend Danette Brown. Please consider joining us!
LAUGHTER FOR WELLNESS
** BECOME A CERTIFIED LAUGHTER YOGA LEADER **
Do you want to be a laughter leader and help others (and yourself) reduce stress and enjoy better health and more joyful, productive lives? Customized for the group or individual; also private trainings.
2-day Training: March 29 – 30. 9:00 am – 4:00 pm both days, $295
For more info or to register:
Location: To Be Announced
Who Should Attend The Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training?
- · Leader Training Manual
- · Official Leader Certificates from Dr. Kataria’s School of Laughter Yoga and from Laughter for Wellness
- · LOTS of practice (including co-facilitating a live Laughter Club)
- · Free 6-month membership to Prozone (professional section of LaughterYoga.org – a $30 value)
- · CD of “Fun”ky dance music for use in your laughter sessions, created by Laughter for Wellness
- · Dr. Kataria’s E-Book, Laugh For No Reason
- · Follow-up support (phone, email, leader newsletters) and ongoing training and leader “pep” rallies)
- · Nurturing and caring guidance by experienced, knowledgeable trainer
Some of the Things You Will Learn:
- · To effectively lead groups and individuals in laughter exercises and laughter meditation
- · The history of Laughter Yoga, Laughter for Wellness, and the Positive Psychology movement
- · A person-centered approach to laughter applications created by Laughter For Wellness
- · The benefits and scientific research on happiness and laughter
- · How to organize and lead laughter programs for diverse groups, including healthcare staff and patients (with physical and mental illnesses), seniors, children, corporate, etc.
- · The wellness aspects of Laughter Yoga and how to help yourself and others improve their health and joy
- · How to use and teach laughter as a coping skill and life skill
- · A “Laugh Alone Workout” to help you laugh when by yourself
- · Simple exercises and techniques you can use and teach to increase joy and health and decrease stress (including deep breathing, meditation, visualization, relaxation, and journaling)
- · How to start a laughter club, including the roles and responsibilities of the Laughter Leader and more
- · How to make money with Laughter Yoga, including promoting and marketing your laughter services
- · A “Funky Dance” Program created by Laughter for Wellness
- · Much more!
Debbie Ellison is a highly trained and experienced Laughter Leader, Teacher, and Coach. She is also Director of Laughter for Wellness; a Certified Laughter YogaTeacher trained by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of Laughter Yoga; and published writer and editor. She facilitates laughter clubs; certified leader trainings; and classes, trainings, and presentations on laughter, joyfulness, stress management, creativity, and healing writing for individuals, organizations, and corporations. Debbie created and co-facilitates the annual Laughter Yoga East Coast Conference. She has presented at Peachford Hospital, Brenau University, Emory University, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, DeKalb Community Service Board, Skyland Trail, Kennesaw State University, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Atlanta Creativity Exchange, the Georgia prison system, Georgia Association of Nursing Students, Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network, and many other groups.